The Interactive Insanity of the Irritating Interlopers is an interactive special of The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants.
When Mr. Krupp has had it with George and Harold's comics, he threatens to destroy their treehouse once and for all. George and Harold will need to hatch a plan to buy the land before Krupp does, and they'll need your help to do it in this all-new interactive Choice-O-Rama special! With no shortage of imagination and mischief at hand, you'll be along for every wild twist and turn in George and Harold's plot to stop Krupp from tearing down their treehouse. Choose fast and choose wisely, as the fate of creativity and comics is literally in your hands!
- This special is also known as "Captain Underpants Epic Choice-O-Rama".
- This is the first episode Mr. Krupp tries demolishing Harold and George's treehouse, followed by Melvin's plans.
- This is the second Captain Underpants special, after the previous special, The Spooky Tale of Captain Underpants Hack-a-Ween.
- This is the first episode Harold and George ask viewers for help so that they can protect their treehouse from Mr. Krupp.
- If the viewer choses the Sinkhole choice, it will show a scene where Krupp say a fake saying called "Fool me once, fool me twice, roll the dice, paradise". Krupp snapped his fingers while he said "Paradise", However, he did not accidentally turn into Captain Underpants.
- This error had happened before in The Harmful Horrors of the Harrowing Hiveschool, The Bizarre Bout of the Beastly Barfilisk and The Polarizing Plight of the Pitiless Poopetrators.
- However, he actually turns himself into Captain Underpants by accident in The Heartbreaking Havoc of the Haunting Hack-A-Ween.
- The whole point of this special episode is that the viewers got the remote control choosing any ideas controlling the story of how they want for Harold and George confirming on how they can save their treehouse, it doesn't matter how it goes or how long it lasts, they can always rewind, replay, restart, and choose what each choice is about, this episode could almost never end if viewers wanna keep it going forever, it's practically controlled and made up how viewers want it to go and it's to play with, making this show go on as long as it wants. The link to the choice tree is here.
- Harold and George tell Captain Underpants he's not supposed to be in the scene he shows up in but says he is anyway like he doesn't seem to care, it almost looks like he's spoiling it, and it could be the second time he reveals he's in a scene he's not meant to be in, similar to him mentioning he's not in the first Season 2 episode The Tenuous Takedown of the Tyrannical Teachertrons, which he ruins confusing the interviewer.
- Melvin's time machine returns again from The Horrible Hostilities of the Homework Hydra, once again from The Soggy Salvation of the Swirling Sweatnami, and The Bizarre Blitzkrieg of the Bothersome Butt-erflies
- This is the first Captain Underpants has his own ice cream truck, wearing earrings, and sniffing ice cream from an ice cream cone that's stuck through his nose.
- Mr. Krupp still puts up with Harold and George's comics (especially George's comic with Melvin's robotic drawings, and Harold's comic with Erica's storytelling).
- Captain Underpants fights Melvin in the golden statue, and he says he's gotta go to the bathroom, except Melvin tells him to hold it, but when he says never mind, it's possible he peed in the statue.
- This is the first episode seeing Harold and George in a new version called virtual fighting robots.
- Harold, George, and Captain Underpants are back at the mini-putt golf course where it first made a cameo in The Strange Strife of the Smelly Socktopus, and in The Dastardly Deed of the Devious Diddlysaurus.
- In one of Harold and George's comics, Captain Underpants and Mr. Krupp are the same guy, but there's a page where Mr. Krupp is yelling at Captain Underpants.
- The end credits are always glitching back and forth to Harold and George in their treehouse with their comics, and the puppet narrator.
- Harold and George sing the theme song the same way, and it's the first episode it's got some of the same and different scenes, Mr. Krupp still does different dances in the theme song where Harold and George sing "and first they made him dance."
- This is the first episode Mr. Krupp reveals his first name Benjamin, Captain Underpants mentions his real name as Benjamin too, only saying Benjamins as everyone or a few people.
- This is the only episode not to feature a cold opening before and a title card after the theme song, possibly because it's controlled by viewers with how they want it to be in their own ways.
- There are choices where Harold and George's treehouse is either saved or not, such as giving Mr. Clevland is money $1 million dollars, or Melvin winning fights.
- There are choices at the end where Captain Underpants either does or doesn't turn back into Mr. Krupp at the end.
- Mr. Fyde is shown in teacherville even though he turns into a tree in a previous episode.
- The ending of this episode is suddenly changed, if the viewers click on "Help the Boys" as one of their choices, it would suddenly end in another way, this time it shows Captain Underpants going to the bathroom in the forest instead of the statue, and there aren't anymore choices where Harold and George's treehouse is saved, it gets completely demolished where they complain about not turning back time themselves, except in the interactive episode controlled by viewers.
- When Captain Underpants destroys the golf club saying "I hate mini golf", he technically says it in Mr. Krupp's voice.
- Harold’s voice sounds a bit deeper in this special. This is because Jay Gragnani was entering puberty at the time of the episode's recording.
- This episode took place after The Heartbreaking Havoc of the Haunting Hack-A-Ween.
- If you choose the option of "find buried treasure", then no matter the choices that follow, You'll wind up in detention with Mr. Krupp.
- On Melvin and Mr. Krupp's decision on how to get rid of the tree house, if you choose zoning laws the first time, it'll automatically go to meteor.