The Polarizing Plight of the Pitless Poopetrators is the 39th episode of The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants and the season 3 finale.
The camp puts on a talent show after Cash Networth promises to buy it if the talent show is good. Though Melvin turned the performance into a real battle, he buys it at the last moment and saves George and Harold from Krupp.
- At the end, Harold and George claim that this is the series finale, but it's not because an airplane with a banner attached to it flies by saying there are more Captain Underpants coming soon, meaning the series has been renewed for a 4th season.
- The first episode of the 4th season of Captain Underpants will take place after the Season 3 finale. It is TBA.
- At the end of the Toiletastics vs Poopetraitors play, the friends sing Dressy's song, ending in a "here," but for Jessica, she sang her way of saying "hair," which is "har."
- Before Cash bought the camp and get rid of Mr. Krupp, Mr. Krupp said the boys need him and that he's "the balloon to George and Harold's air," scenes from Season 3 appear, along with Mr. Krupp's song from The Ludicrous Lunacy of the Loopy Laserlightmare. That leads to George using the same quote from The Troublesome Treachery of the Thieving Toot Fairy when the boys gave back Mr. Krupp's rule book before they got expelled.
- It is revealed that Bo Hweemuth not only can sculpt clay, as seen in his debut, The Costly Conundrum of the Calamitous Claylossus, but he can also sculpt ice.
- Mr. Krupp tried to talk to Lee Dingman and then snapped his fingers to get his attention, but he didn't turn into Captain Underpants by accident like he did in the movie and in the later Halloween special.
- Smartsy Fartsy, Poopacabra, T.P Mummy, Camoflush, and Clogneta return.